As I sit here, in my office, in my mom’s old blue Queen Anne chair, listening to “Lyin’ Eyes” by The Eagles, I feel quite peaceful and quiet.
Of course, this could have something to do with the heavy duty prescription muscle relaxant I took about an hour ago.
Normally, I stay away from any sort of medications and opt for a more holistic approach to healing – acupuncture, massage, etc. However, about five years ago, I hairline fractured my neck while I was working as an Environmental Technician out in the bush by Quesnel, and my neck has never been tip top since. Every few months, I’ll turn my head and it will just pop right out of place and pinch a bunch of my nerves. For those of you who have ever experienced a pinched nerve, you can attest that the pain can be excruciating. The problem with holistic healing is that I am required to lay down on a table to receive acupuncture or a massage and, frankly, that is dang near impossible when my neck hurts this much. I have to hold my breath and grit my teeth against the pain when I lay down to sleep at night and even then any kind of pressure on my neck makes me gasp in pain. The only thing that I’ve found that works is a prescription muscle relaxant. When my neck goes out, I take 1/2 a pill twice per day until the muscles relax enough to allow my neck to slip back in again on its own. (Yes, I’ve tried a chiropractor and that was just a big ole disaster that left me in worse shape and made my neck hurt for three weeks…). It usually takes approximately three days for the muscle relaxants to work their magic and then I’m good to go for another few months. If I choose to let nature take its course and skip the muscle relaxants completely, it takes one to two weeks for my neck to feel better – hence the choice to drug myself up. It’s a timing thing.
Yesterday I added a new healing regimen to my usual relaxants – Gin & Tonic. I don’t know if it made any difference, but it sure tasted yummaliscious! I discovered that Sun Rype makes Apple Lime juice and I mixed that with the G&T – sweet nectar of the Gods!!!!
So, since I’m in such a pleasant and peaceful type mood, I thought I’d fire out a quick G & A.
Today’s Attitude goes out to:
- Gregory John LeFlufy, my (mostly) beloved husband: For being cranky because my neck is bugging me and I couldn’t help him pack for camping this weekend. Yes, I planned to throw my neck out so I wouldn’t have to help you clean out a couple of coolers and clean the camper. And for giving me such “tone” yesterday every time I spoke to you. UGH! You’re lucky I love you so darn much, else I’d be tempted to hit you upside the head with a shovel every once in awhile.
- My dang neck: Why can’t you just heal up already and stop being such a chronic pain in my, well, er, neck.
Today’s Gratitude goes out to:
- Gin & Tonic Appleygoodness: I think I love you, man.
- The lovely Miss Donna: for being yourself and always thinking of me…and for making such a good effort to stay upbeat and positive – the universe hears you, woman, it hears you loud and clear.
- Mike, Deb & Ali: for always making us feel so at home when we come to visit and for being such an amazing part of my extended family. I really, really love you guys.
- Lil sissy: for always watching our animals on short notice and without hesitation. And for being so darn hilarious!!!
- The Universe: for always hearing my positive thoughts and sending more positivity back to me.
I hope all of you have a Happy Hump Day and, remember, stay thirsty my friends. And, posts are always better with a pick. Here’s a couple I took of Greggor and Juno a month or two ago while they were snuggling on a Sunday morning.