The last couple of weeks have been crrrraaaaazzzzy, so I’ve been neglecting my blog a little. Sorry peeps. Do you miss me? The good news is that I’ve been working on a few different posts in my “spare” time and I’ll be posting some good ones this week. For now, though, after this strange and interestingly revealing day, I thought I’d post a list of the nicknames Greg has come up with for me in the past five or so years. I can’t remember them all, but I’m sure some of you will refresh my memory once you read through the list.
The Evolution of Jo’s Nicknames
It all started on a cruise to Alaska when Greg decided it would be fun to call me “Joanne Joanne” every time he said my name. I should remember the scenery and the food and the company of that amazing week, but what I remember is how annoyed I was with my own name after only a couple of days. “Hey! Look at the whales, Joanne Joanne.” “Hey Joanne Joanne, let’s go hot tub on the upper deck.” “Hey Joanne Joanne. What do you want for lunch.”….Arrrrggh
- Joanne Joanne
- Jo Man (not one of my favorites…at all…seriously)
- Baby Doll
- Tits McGee (NOT COOL. He got that from a line in the movie Anchorman and I could NOT get him to stop using it for months. Although it was only while we were at home, not in public)
- Cougar (also NOT one of my favorites)
- Nacho Cougaro (I have no idea…at all)
- Princess Cougar
- Cougress (a cross between Princess and Cougar – My niece and nephew have been calling me Auntie Cougress for years 😦 )
- Cougar Booger
- Booger (yes, he called me nothing but Booger or Boog for two lonnnnnng months)
- Boojay (pronounced with a soft “j”, as in “j’ai”)
- Boo Boo
- Boo Diddley
- Diddley Boo
- Diddley, and, last but obviously not least
- Boo (although this one has stuck for a couple of years. Perhaps he’s come to the bottom of his nickname barrel. One can hope!)
UPDATE: Oops, I forgot to add Super Boo, Boogress, Boo face and, of course, Booju
I know I’ve missed a few and I almost hope I never remember what they were. I mean, come on, Tits McGee???? Okay, I admit, it does make me snort a little. This is the man I chose to marry…
Here’s a pic of him at the city softball tourney last weekend, swinging his little heart out. I wuv him!
Good night my blog readers. I wish you enough.