I haven’t been sleeping much for weeks because I can’t seem to stop my mind from racing, so it was a huge surprise when I fell asleep on Monday at approximately 6 p.m. and didn’t wake up until 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Greg told me that he tried to wake me up several times, but I was just plain out and he figured exhaustion had finally caught up with me. I had a blissful 13.5 hours of dreamless sleep. Woot! Woot!
However, as soon as I woke up, ye ole hamster wheel started spinning around again and I was off to the A.D.D. races. Somewhere in my 101 bazillion thoughts yesterday, a G&A began to form in my mind and I resolved to get it down in a post sometime before the end of the week. Lucky me, I have time on my hands today…sort of (patience, dear Mrs. Edwards, patience!).
I have much to be grateful for this week and also much to give attitude about.
Let’s get to it.
Today’s Attitude goes out to.
- Marmots. You are cute and fuzzy (albeit chock full of lice and extremely intrusive – habitat-wise) and you completely render my dog temporarily INSANE. He forgets his training, his manners and his brain when he sees you and that makes for dangerous times – for you and him. I can’t wait for you to hibernate again.
- Death. I’m still pissed off at you for stealing away my baby girl. You and I are no longer at ease with each other and I have a lot of anger inside me right now directed at you (and, truth be told, others as well). I don’t enjoy feeling angry about everything – who would, right? – and I look forward to the day when this unpleasant emotion buries its head back in the sand and leaves me with emotions that are easier to deal with.
- Our friends who believe that completely ignoring our pain and pretending everything is just peachy is in any way helpful or therapeutic for us. I don’t know about you, but if someone were balling her eyes out in front of me, I certainly wouldn’t look right through her as though it wasn’t happening. And, if I didn’t know what to say, I would at least throw out an, “Uhm, I can see that you’re upset, but I don’t know what to say.” Infinitely better than ignoring the obvious. Last Thursday was a decidedly impossible day for me. I felt thoroughly ignored and unwanted. Sorry to bring ya’ll down as you tried to enjoy life with your perfectly healthy, perfectly alive families.
And, since I always find more gratitude to dish than attitude, here goes…
Today’s Gratitude goes out to:
- Cora Jane LeFlufy. Thanks for making me realize my own strength and for seeing how deep it actually goes. And thanks for giving me the precious memory of being a mommy – a lifeline that I can hang onto whenever I’m sinking down into the abyss of grief.
- Gregory, my love. Thank you for standing up for me, even though I didn’t ask you to. Thank you for knowing when I need a special hug that only you can give to make it all better. Thank you for taking off your smelly socks and changing them when you get home from work! And thank you for always finding ways to make me laugh, even when you’re hurting as much as I am. You are my world…well, you and Juno are my world!!!
- Florriann. Thanks for recognizing how difficult it is for me to watch Greg playing with your precious little girls and for giving me a big hug as soon as you noticed. You are truly one of the most caring women I’ve ever known. I love you with all of my heart, like a sister.
- Lisa Novakowski from Aspect Arts Photography. Thanks for letting me crash shoot Shelley’s wedding with you. You didn’t have to do that, especially since I had already put it in your hands and you didn’t expect me to be around to shoot it. I am uber grateful. Also, thanks for putting up with my take charge (okay, BOSSY) demeanor all day. I would have most likely dragon kicked me in the ovaries, had our situations been reversed. You are not only an amazing photographer who is really easy to work with, but you are also an amazing person and a great new friend. And hugs to you because I know you could use them right about now.
- Andy & Shelley Edwards. All weddings are supposed to be about love, but the genuine love you two feel for each other gave me goosebumps more than once on your big day. Thank you for reminding me why I love shooting weddings and thanks for being such a mellow, easy-going Mr. & Mrs. (stay tuned for a sneak peak of just before the ceremony!!!!)
- Mike, Deb and Ali. Thanks for letting Lisa and I invade your place and for taking such good care of us while we were there – bunch of hillbillies! xoxoxo
- Donna Port. Thanks for not choking to death. I appreciate your efforts. ;0
- Blueberries. Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- Adobe Photoshop CS5. I can’t believe I waited so long to upgrade you. I can’t wait to check out your new features!!!!
- Roller Derby. Still lovin’ it. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
- Tracey Cooper. You are a fantastic L&D nurse. Thanks for the big hug you gave me in the mall yesterday and for making me smile. I’m sorry about your poor leg and hope it heals soon and you start feeling a million times better. Hugs.
- The movie The Bounty Hunter. Thanks for making me laugh out loud about 30 times while watching you. Props!
Well, that’s it. I probably could have bitched about a few more things, just to even the categories, but I would rather stick to the good feelings!
Here’s a tiny sneak peak of Shelley & Andy’s wedding last weekend. I haven’t had a chance to go through and edit any of their pics yet, but I pulled this one out of the folder as soon as I saw it and thought I’d share it with you. I know she’s dying for any pics, so I plan to doll one out every day or so until they are ready for viewing!!!
Happy Wednesday peeps. I wish you all enough…