In keeping with my change from Gratitude & Attitude to Gratitude Without Attitude, I have some new things to add today.
Yesterday was a really fantastic birthday. I worked almost all day and accomplished a lot (which is strange considering I haven’t been sleeping much lately again) and then I headed to Armstrong to practice with those fantiddlyastic ladies. And, I was super bossy at practice and my mouth never stopped moving, which can most likely be attributed to the fact that Kush wasn’t there to tell me to shut my pie hole when my ADD took over and shiny objects abounded. LMAO. 🙂
The best part of the day was coming home to hang out with my guy at the end of a long day and drinking one of these:
I’m not a huge beer fan, but I have to say that these are absolutely DELICIOUS! I can only drink one, or at the most two at a time but seriously super tasty stuff. Vanilla aftertaste is the best part. A six pack of these bad boys was my birthday present from this guy (shown here with me 11 years ago and now today)…my previously “little” brother, Ian.
Apparently, sometime between then and now he decided to outgrow me by about a foot or more. Either way, the kid’s pretty rad and, as he wrote on my birthday card, I’m changing the way he thinks about people in their late 30s. (p.s. Assssssssholio). 😉
I have a little bit of time while I’m stuffing my face at lunch to get in a bit of a blog about the things I’m grateful for today and I thought I’d put in pics for each one, rather than just blather on about them and bore you all to beer-flavored tears.
Obviously, I’m grateful for Ian because he bought me beer and I cheer for this particular beer.
Here’s the rest of the things I’m grateful for at this particular moment:
- Bengal Spice tea. Yummmmy yum yum yum yummmmmers.
- This dog. Ridiculously adorable and so well behaved that I must be the second coming of The Dog Whisperer…;)
- These two cats because they are always beating the crap out of each other one second and then ganging up on the dog the next. I am a big fan of Teamwork. Booyah.
- This guy and this kid. Both are always teaching me and forcing me step up and learn shit about life and love.
- Lastly, this chica. She makes me laugh all the time and I’m super happy that she lives with us and that I get to hang out with her all the time. Today I’m especially grateful for what she wrote in my birthday card…It made me laugh SO hard. Oh so hard. Ali’s a funny kid!
- Lastly – and I don’t have a picture for this – I’m grateful for the perspective my life, thus far, has given me about everything that goes on around me. Each time I use that perspective to make a decision, I am rewarded with a new learning experience and new challenges. Life would be dull and not worth living if it went smoothly all the time and didn’t make us think and adapt. I’m grateful for life experience and the path it has taken me down. I’m exactly where I am supposed to be, always. 🙂
Okay, lunch is over. Booooooo. Time to get back at er. 🙂
Have a great Tuesday, my friends. I wish you all enough…